Our authentic Belgian Waffles are the best!
Find out how Jonathan Pinto of the CBC heard about them and why he decided to try them . . .
You can find the radio, video and web story here: http://www.cbc.ca/1.3516234
We serve them all day and every day.
Welcome to "The Bistro"!
. . . And now you need to know what this place is all about.
First . . . It is important to understand that
We DO NOT serve burgers, fries, pizza or wings!
Some people wonder where this slogan comes from and why we use it. The answer is quite simple. It tells people in an instant that this is not your everyday roadhouse restaurant that serves the same old fries, burgers & wings that you get at every other place; most of it frozen and deep fried.
We have unique and distinctive foods for people who appreciate new tastes and real food. Please take a look at our menus and please take a minute to read a little about our food philosophy below. At The Dalhousie Bistro, you can order a main course AND / OR any number of smaller dishes and create a unique meal which is fun to share with friends, family and a bottle of wine.
We open daily at 10 AM for Breakfast & Lunch. We close at 3 PM.
EXCEPT FOR FRIDAY & SATURDAY, WHEN WE STAY OPEN STRAIGHT THROUGH FOR DINNER.
During the winter months we are closed on Monday and Tuesday.
About Our Food
As best as we can, we stay away from any products made with GMO’s, chemical preservatives, colour & flavour agents and other “non-essentials” that are put in most commercially prepared foods and we source our "In-season" produce locally.
And because we do this, MOST of our foods are GLUTEN FREE!
Yes, our menu is very different and
yes, we are fully Licensed by the LCBO
Don't miss out! Get on our mailing list to be notified of upcoming Theme Nights, Soirées & Special Events
Click on our "Contact" tab at the top of the page.
Reservations are always recommended for small intimate restaurants. It helps us do a better job.
Call us 519 736 0880
Restaurants these days offer the same old stuff: “burgers, steaks, chicken, pizza, wings and fries” . . . and they all buy from the same wholesalers and it all tastes the same. Soups & sauces are made from powdered concentrates, potatoes and vegetables are frozen.
The basic idea of cooking something from scratch, with fresh ingredients, for several hours is unheard of in restaurants. In many homes too, people are just too busy to spend the time to cook meals that take more than 30 minutes to prepare.
The ingredients we buy are of the highest quality. As a result, our food is excellent.
Some of our specialties include "Made-from-scratch" French Onion soup, "Black Forest" Panini, Calabrese Antipasto, Artisanal Cheeses, Pâtés, Charcuterie, assorted Crostini, Eggs Benedict, wonderful Paninis and more. At dinner we often serve local Lamb-shanks braised in Red Wine, Duck Breasts served with a Honey and Balsamic reduction, Old fashioned Roast Pork stuffed with our Mushroom and Apple stuffing, Fresh Rainbow Trout and much more. Please see our menu tab.
- Our smoked products are actually smoked, not smoke flavoured
• Artisanal Cheeses from Ontario, Québec & PEI are International & National Award winners
• Our Bloomy rind cheeses from France & Québec are renowned the world over
• Our Smoked Salmon is from New Brunswick & BC
• Québec has mastered the art of Charcuterie, Pâtés & Foie Gras. We have them.
• Our Pork, Beef, Ham & Bacon is usually supplied by Wigle Gourmet Meats in Amherstburg. Their hams & bacons are naturally cured and wood-smoked by the Wigles themselves.
- Our chicken comes from Baron Poultry.
- We make our own wine jelly, confit d'onions, crab apple jelly and other condiments.
• We make our own specialties like “2-year cheddar aged in Port Wine”.
• Vegetables, fruit, cheese, wines, pork, lamb, beef, breads, etc. are sourced locally
• We grow our own herbs and cherry tomatoes.
• Our French Baguettes & Croissants are baked here every day so they are always good.
Having a gathering at home?
We can prepare some fabulous platters of different & unique foods.
We also sell our French Bread, Croissants, Cheese and Pâtés by the piece to take home.
Everything on our menu is available for Take-out.
- Bring home freshly baked, flaky croissants on a Sunday morning!
- Drop-in for "Eggs Copenhgagen" on the front porch for breakfast.
- Have a PIC-NIC in the park with a Take-out cheese plate.